The manual covers requirements for connecting a participant's computer to Internet, recommended hardware list and a number of steps to install the software on the computer. It is assumed that software installation is done by IT profesional with administrative privileges.
Requirements for Internet connections are as follows:
- 10 Mbps bandwidth for each concurrent participant.
- Ping to the server does not exceed 80 ms.
- 0% packet loss.
The firewall should not block the following traffic:
- HTTP traffic (port 80);
- if Openmeetings server is set without tunneling: RTMP traffic (port 1935), RTMPT traffic (port 8088), HTTP traffic (port 5080);
- SIP traffic (ports 5060, 7078, 9078);
- RTP traffic (ports 10000-20000).
We recommend the following cameras:
- Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF.
- Logitech QuickCam E3500.
- Samsung Pleomax PWC-7100.
- Genius Look320S.
- Integrated Lenovo 3000 n100.
- Skypemate WC-103M.
Headsets and Speakerphones
The recommended headset model (i. e. headphones with microphone) is Logitech Clear Chat Style. When several people participate from the same location, we recommend using the following sspeakerphone models:
- Jabra SPEAK410.
- Plantronics MCD 100M.
- Konftel 300.
We assume the computer is running Microsoft Windows and has Internet Explorer. To participate one needs to install Adobe Flash Player plug-in and optinally the latest version of Java Runtime Envinronment for screen recording and sharing.
Installing Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer
To install Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer one should do the following:
- Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
- Clean Free Google Toolbar (optional).
- Click Agree and install now.
- In the new window click Close:
- Click on the top yellow panel:
- In the new window click Install ActiveX element
- In the new window click Install:
- The installation progress bar appears:
- Wait a few minutes for the installation to complete.
Installing Java Runtime Envinronment
To install Java Runtime Envinronment do the following:
- Go to http://www.java.com/ru/.
- Follow Java Runtime Envinronment installer instructions.
Note: to check if a computer already has java installed go to http://www.java.com/ru/download/installed.jsp.
Upon set up completion, please, contact technical support specialist to test connection quality.